Tuesday, January 24, 2006

 

Mrs. David Brent Strikes Back

In a previous post, I mentioned a woman in my Portfolio Management class who's quite annoying. I even gave her the nickname Mrs. David Brent. Well, she got her revenge on me yesterday. We were sorting into groups to investigate emerging markets. Basically, we'll research various countries to find good companies from those countries to invest in.

The first group stood up. They were all Indian. For some reason, they chose to do India as their emerging market. The second group stood up and they were all Chinese. For some reason they chose China as their emerging market.

That left one group to stand up and be counted: the white people. As a white person, I cheerfully stood up until I noticed Mrs. David Brent standing up too. D'oh! Why couldn't she be Chinese? Would it hurt her to even pretend? Anyway, so now I'm on a group of 6 people with her. Hopefully, the 4 other people (besides her and me, that is), will help dilute her annoyingness. Otherwise, I might just shoot her. And I'm not in a mood to go to prison right before I finally graduate. (Okay, I don't think I'll ever be in a mood to go to prison, but you get my point. Actually, a few more years in school and I would want to go to prison, but that's besides the point.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?