Friday, April 07, 2006

 

Lost - 4/5/06

Wednesday's episode of Lost was pretty good, much to my surprise. This show has been vexing me for quite awhile now because I feel like it's just been posing more mysteries than it's been answering. I also feel like each episode does absolutely nothing to advance the plot. But Wednesday's episode was actually really good.

Part of the reason it was good was because it featured Hurley, the big, fat, ugly guy with terrible hair. I love that guy. If I could hang out with any character on that show, it'd probably be him. (Well, if you don't count Kate, but that's for different reasons. And it'd probably only be for about 10 seconds. Hey now!) He seems to have a nice, mellow personality that meshes well with me. And every time I yelled at him for annoying me, he'd just say, "Okay, dude."

What I liked about this episode, though, is that it actually posed a viable theory of what the island is: it's actually Hurley's subconscious mind. I do believe that it's all in somebody's mind, but I don't know who. Maybe Walt. By the way, what the hell happened to him? I have a feeling that when he comes back, he's going to be a full-grown man. Only 3 weeks have elapsed since he disappeared, but the actual actor has aged a year. If he hit a growth spurt, it'll be really funny. Like when Andrew on Family Ties went from a baby to a 4-year-old overnight. Or when that ugly girl on Growing Pains went from a baby to a 7-year-old. Honestly, how do sitcoms get away with this? Why aren't there people outside their studios picketing? "We want realistic aging of babies!!!"

Anyway, I liked that the prisoner (Henry) starts revealing information about The Others. And Locke is starting to realize that things aren't what they thought. And Henry even claimed that he didn't enter the numbers into the computer and nothing happened. The question is whether or not he's lying. Would you trust him? I don't think I would. He might just be trying to sucker you into not entering the numbers so that The Others can leave the island or something. This guy hasn't told the truth yet, and now you'll trust him? I don't think so.

Finally, the scenes for next week look promising. Jack tries to confront the others to arrange a swap of Henry for Walt. Anything that features The Others is a winner for me. So hopefully next week is good too. Because I don't think I can handle more annoying episodes this season.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?