Tuesday, November 13, 2007

 

Due to Popular Demand

I'm getting really bad at blogging here. It's now been over a month since I last wrote something. And due to popular demand (from one person), I'm now writing something else.

The good news is that the reason I haven't written anything lately is because I've been super busy at work. It's an odd feeling, to be honest. All of my previous jobs have sucked. Some have sucked a little. Some have sucked a lot. Some have sucked big fat donkey balls. But my job right now is awesome, and frankly, I'm a little taken aback.

The biggest problem I have with my job right now is that I don't seem to be able to take a vacation. I get something like 15 vacation days and 2 floating holidays a year. I think I have 12 of those left to use this year. It's not that I don't go anywhere or take time off. It's that I invariably end up doing work while I'm on vacation.

What's scary is that I don't mind doing the work. For once in my life, I'm actually not self-centered. I'm thinking about the team and being client-focused. (God, if my boss could only read that.) And so it's hard for me to just put a project down and go off on a vacation. Of course, having two little kids at home doesn't help. If my option is to work on pensions in my free time or spend some "quality" time with two screaming children, I'm taking Option A.

Anyway, I'm due to take next week off from work and I'm looking forward to it. I don't have anywhere to go or anything to do (besides finish the basement). But it'll probably be my last break from work until April or so. The next 5-6 months are going to be nothing short of insane. But, I'm sorry to say, a good kind of insane (that I'm really looking forward to).

Comments:
WHOOOOOOT!!!!

/from the "one"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?