Thursday, July 12, 2007

 

Scorn

Apparently, my in-depth analysis of the Simpsons tournament evoked a bit of scorn, mostly related to (a) what a dork I am and (b) that I have so much time on my hands.

Well, here's the deal. I AM a dork. No getting around it. I do MATH PROBLEMS for a LIVING! I have contempt for accountants because their math is too EASY. I mean, all they do is add and subtract! Try taking the present value of something! Then make it a risk-adjusted present value, you weenies! So, really, it should come as no surprise that I like The Simpsons. It should also come as no surprise that I have a plethora of Simpsons quotes running through my brain. And it should also come as no surprise that I'd have to do a blow-by-blow analysis of a Simpsons tournament.

Now, as for the time issue, I seem to have TONS of time on my hands right now. I had two major projects that had to get done before I went on vacation two weeks ago. I got them done (and it took up most of my time in the preceding two weeks), and now there isn't much for me to do. I've volunteered for more work, but I have to wait for some projects to come in. So, naturally, I used that time to do whatever I could do to get ahead at work. Like write about The Simpsons.

Anyway, my workload should be a little lighter this summer. Which is good. Hopefully, I'll be able to start writing more on my blog. It's been rather pathetic lately. I've got a lot to talk about. I've got stories from a bachelor party in Vegas, a random meeting that just helps prove what a small world we live in, many vacation stories, and the fact that I'm now 2 for 2 in giving my children their first giggles. Oh, and I've got this pesky triathlon thing coming up. And I can't run because my feet hurt because I need orthotics but my insurance company rejected my claim, giving The Wife a heart attack in the process, but now they're supposed to be accepting my claim, so until then I walk around in constant pain while my doctor holds my orthotics and we both silently (or not) curse the insurance company. Yep, much to talk about. Especially my love of run-on sentences. And fragments.

Comments:
speaking of random encounters/small world syndrome - the next time/if you come out to Sacramento to visit the bro-inlaw again...give me a shout.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?