Friday, February 23, 2007

 

Hot or Not

This week’s episode of 24 was a decent one. It featured a lot of Jack’s sister-in-law, who might be his former lover. Either way, she’s played by Rena Sofer, and I can’t for the life of me figure out whether she’s hot or not. (Check out her page on IMDB.com if you want to play along at home.)

Now, I’m fully willing to admit that if I ever saw this woman in person, my head would probably explode, leaving me a wimpering puddle of former-man on the floor. But I’m not going to meet her in person (thanks to that stupid court order). So I’m left to ponder her attractiveness relative to every other woman on TV.

Here’s the thing about Rena Sofer. Clearly, at one point, she was an extremely attractive woman. She’s got these piercing gray/blue eyes that are hard to look away from. I imagine that if there were really a Medusa, this is what her eyes would look like. I think that when she was portrayed in Clash of the Titans, she had blank white eyes. By the way, was anyone else afraid to look at her while watching that movie as a kid? Yeah, me neither. Anywho.

The problem with Ms. Sofer is that she’s aging. (Isn’t that all of our problems?) As such, she’s getting a bit “jowly.” And so this is forcing to constantly re-examine her. It’s become quite a distraction from the show. I think I’d be a lot happier if she looked like either Chloe (not attractive) or Nadia (clearly attractive). Instead, I’m left wondering. Me no likey!

Anyway, in other 24 news, it turns out that Jack’s father is evil. And only Jack can stop him! Of course, Jack screws the pooch and his father escapes. But he looks like a big man in his sister-in-law’s eyes because he managed to free her son from the clutches of Jack’s evil father. Having a hard time following that? Don’t worry, because it really didn’t do much to advance the plot along.

It did re-introduce us to last season’s President, though. The nice part about it is that Jack’s father didn’t die. Usually, I like it when people die. Call me a misanthrope. But Jack’s father (played by James Cromwell) is actually a good actor. So I want him to stick around. And I’m guessing he’ll be showing up in the not-too-distant future.

And now we’re going back to President Logan. After being involved in President Palmer’s assassination (I forget all the details, but they won’t matter), he seems to be under some sort of Grizzly Adams House Arrest. You’d think this man would have gone to prison or something. Instead, it looks like he’s in a hunting cabin in the North Woods. And he’s even grown a weird beard to fit in. I’m thinking they’re trying to make him a bit like Al Gore. Next thing you know, President Logan will be coming out with a crappy documentary about global warming and espousing the virtues of electric cars. Yeah, you’re right. That’s a little too unrealistic for TV, even on a show like 24.

Comments:
I caught Rena on an episode of Seinfeld this past Sunday on Fox (peeked in on George as he was in his drawers in a public bathroom). Must agree something is very intriguing, and I say very hot (at least in 1997)
 
Yes! I knew I recognized her somewhere. Classic episode of Seinfeld, and she was certainly hot then. Still attractive today, but sadly, she's showing signs of aging. Thank god I'm still as young and attractive as always.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?