Thursday, October 26, 2006

 

Wakey, Wakey Sleepy Head

A funny thing happened to me today. I’m on the train, doing my Sudoku puzzles. I was tired, so I decided to take a little nap. I woke up about 10-15 minutes later paranoid that I’d missed my stop. (This has happened to me before, which is incredibly annoying.) I recognized some faces on the train and realized that I was okay.

But then I started thinking. I couldn’t remember walking to the train from work. Worse yet, I couldn’t even remember WORKING that day. I know I have memory problems, but this was legitimately scary. It was like a complete blackout. And that’s when I realized that my train was in fact heading INTO the city. The reason I didn’t remember working was that it was 8:00 a.m. I don’t know if there could possibly be a more demoralizing feeling than thinking you’re heading home from a long day of work to find out that you’re actually headed TOWARDS a long day of work.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?