Wednesday, July 05, 2006

 

Relative Interest

Apparently, my Sleater-Kinney post created quite a bit of buzz. Two or three people actually read the whole thing! Imagine my surprise. That’s like double the number of people who normally read my nonsense.

Of course, it probably helped that I wrote about something moderately timely. That doesn’t frequently happen. In fact, this week I’m planning on writing about the Kennedy assassination and the Challenger explosion. I just didn’t get around to them when I was, um, unborn and 10 years old.

I really enjoyed writing the Sleater-Kinney stuff, so I’m thinking of doing ones on Husker Du, the Pixies, and Nirvana. They’re all favorite bands of mine that were major influences of each other. (Well, mostly it was linear since the bands didn’t really co-exist, with one notable exception. Stay tuned to find out what it was. I’m kidding myself if I think anyone actually cares about this.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?