Thursday, April 27, 2006

 

Speech Ideas

Since my speech is just 9 days away, I'd probably start thinking about what I want to say. I've got a few ideas, none of which I've fully fleshed out. Here's my latest one:

I'm going to tell a story about an MBA student that goes on a quest to find the meaning of life. I'll ramble on for about 5 minutes about how he searched everywhere. He started in his hometown, then travelled to New York City. Backpacked across Europe. Headed over to India. Talked to the Dali Lama and the Pope. Blah, blah, blah. He didn't have any luck and decided to head home. As he was nearing his house, it struck him. "It" being a bus.

Much like college, my story is long, boring, and seemingly has no point. You walk away from it thinking, "I can't believe I just wasted so much of my life. I should sue." Well, hopefully you learned a couple of things along the way that you might be able to apply afterwards. Don't ever give up on your search. Because if you do, you'll get hit by a bus. Thank you and good night. (Then I'll run like holy hell as angry graduates charge the stage.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?