Thursday, April 06, 2006

 

One More Vegan Observation

One of the problems I have with being a vegan is with the actual purchasing of fruits and vegetables. Why? Because there are (seldomly) barcodes on fruits and veggies. Last night, I bought a bunch of veggies, and for every one I bought, the cashier had to weigh it and enter the corresponding code. Well, she didn't know the code for sweet banana peppers. (What is it, Ray? I know you know.) So, she opened the flip book with all the veggie pictures. She couldn't find it. Then she went through the actual names and couldn't find it.

At this point, I asked her if there was somebody she could call. She looked at me as if I had asked her to eat a baby. (Which, as a vegan, I completely frown upon. I reserve the right to change my opinion in a month.) So, she keeps going through the veggie names. They're all arranged alphabetically by veggie type. So, there's a whole category for peppers. But, she's going through EACH category of vegetables looking for it. "It's not under potatoes. Not here under onion either. I wonder if it'll be under Root Veggies." I just wanted to grab her and shake her stilly.

Shouldn't there be a time limit on looking up these codes? That's pure incompetance on the part of the checker. I think that if they can't figure out the correct code in 1 minute, then you get it for free. I'm going to complain to Dominick's about this.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?