Wednesday, April 19, 2006

 

Busy, Busy, Busy

Well I now have less than 2 weeks until I'm officially done with grad school. And of course, I have a ton to do in that time. So my blogging might dry up a bit for the next week. The good news, though, is that I'm really enjoying the school work I'm doing right now.

For example, I'm working on an emerging markets fund for my Portfolio Management class. We've been investing in Latin America for the past 5 weeks. So far, our fund has returned about 7.5%. In just over a month! That's awesome. The bad part about this, though, is that now I think I know how to invest. So as soon as I have money (which should be in about 10-15 years), I'm going to feel like I know what I'm doing. And then I'm going to get killed. Yay!

By the way, if you're looking for Latin American Stocks to invest in, consider the following (listed by NYSE ticker symbol:
  1. RIO (Brazil materials) - they do mining
  2. PBR (Brazil energy) - they're Brazil's huge oil company
  3. CX (Mexico materials) - they're a huge cement company in the US and Mexico
  4. ABV (Brazil consumer staples) - they're a beer/soda manufacturer

They're all up over 10% in the last 5 weeks and their future outlook is even rosier.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?