Thursday, April 20, 2006

 

Breath of Fresh Air

As I've detailed recently, I've been putting together a playlist of the Top 100 songs for every year of the decade. It's been quite painful. Most of the music is just terrible, which might explain why I don't listen to the radio anymore. It's more enjoyable to hear my cat's wailing in the middle of the night. (I have no idea what they're wailing about either. They're just weird. They are, after all, cats.)

So instead of scrapping the project like any non-self-loathing person would, I forged ahead. And the worst part? Right now I'm working on 2005. I started at song #1 and worked my way to song #100. What's so bad about that, you ask? Well, the songs are ranked on their popularity. So as I get further and further along, the songs get worse and worse. In fact, in the upper 70's, country songs start to first appear. And that's never a good sign. It's like someone's beating you over the head with a baseball bat. Then they switch to using a lead pipe. They're completely different, but they have the same result. And they both suck.

So imagine how pleased I was when I finished listening to song 100 from 2005 and popped in a little Danzig. Danzig is a classic heavy metal band with a few great songs. (If you don't like "Twist of Cain," you're just not American. Go back to Canada, you hoser.) It was like a breath of fresh air. I felt like Beavis and Butthead when they're stuck on a bad video and can't find the remote. Then they find it and turn on, well, Danzig. There's a reason I like Beavis and Butthead....

Comments:
Hey what's worse, country songs or Clay Aiken? You've got to have run across him in the 2000's.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?