Wednesday, April 12, 2006

 

Brain Drain

That diet must have really taken a lot out of me. I'm finding that I don't have anything to write about. On the job front, I'm finding a lot more interest in me now that I've officially agreed to work for LAF. My current employer, M&S, is trying to get me to stay. I don't really see the allure. (A) They couldn't pay me as much as LAF. (B) They have no work for me. (C) They have nobody to train me. (D) They suck. Really, why would I want to work here?

Interestingly, an insurance company just gave me a call to see if I'd be interested in a job there. I'm listening to what they have to say. It would be completely unethical for me to accept a job there. I understand that. But it would be much more convenient for me since they're just miles from my house. Then again, after talking on the phone with them today, it looks like they wouldn't be able to meet LAF's salary. Besides, LAF's work sounds interesting to me. It's a novel concept, but I think I'd like to do something interesting for a living. Still, if the insurance company decides they want to throw all their money at me, who am I to say no? (Actually, the real strategic move here is to do the interviews and get to know the people in case I decide I hate it at LAF and want to change jobs in a few months.)

Anyway, I only have 2 more weeks of class. One of my finals got moved up a week, so I really only have 1 final. (The other "final" is actually just a presentation.) And I start my new job at LAF in just over 4 weeks. Yeeha!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?