Thursday, March 23, 2006

 

Wedding Crashing

This past weekend was the first of six weddings for me this summer. It was a great way to kick it off too. There was much drinking, much dancing, much jackass-ery, and no vomitting. Good times all around.

I don't know what it is about weddings that I love. It certainly isn't the ceremony. I wouldn't mind skipping those at all. In fact, I wish I skipped mine, but that's a different story entirely. Actually, I don't even really remember my wedding ceremony. I remember The Wife walking down the aisle and crying her eyes out. I remember staring at her cleavage while she recited her vows. I vaguely remember the pastor mispronouncing my name. And then I started drinking and everything else is a blur.

One thing I love about weddings is the games you can play. At this wedding, we played "Spot the Celebrity" where you look for people who resemble celebrities. I found both Neil Young and Rick James at the church and couldn't help but think about the supergroup they'd make if we could get them to perform together.

I also like wagering on things like the length of the Best Man speeches and the number of times people clink glasses to get the couple to kiss. I really like analyzing people I don't know so that I can win the bets. At this wedding, the best man couldn't make it because his wife just gave birth two days earlier. (I know what you're thinking and I agree. Come on, his WIFE gave birth. HE didn't. Slacker.) So I had absolutely nothing to go on. I did know the Maid of Honor (the bride's sister), though, and was completely surprised that she gave a short speech. I thought for sure she'd tell some heart-wrenching story about when they were kids and how she always looked up to her sister. Nope, none of that. I think I might be spoiled by my brothers who combined to give about 3 hours of Best Man speeches at my wedding.

I had a great time dancing at this wedding, which isn't always the case. I'd say about 1 in 4 weddings, I just cut loose and act like a complete jackass, the kind that always ends up in the videos. If you haven't seen me dance, it resembles an epileptic seizure, but with less rhythm. And that's BEFORE I get drunk. I hope I can work up the energy to dance at all the weddings I have coming up this year.

Anyway, it was a great wedding and I really enjoyed myself. Much thanks to the newly wedded couple. I wish them nothing but the best. Though I wouldn't at all complained if they decided to get divorced and remarried (to each other, of course) in the next few years. I just LOVE weddings.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?