Friday, March 03, 2006

 

It's All Coming Together Now

My time in college is coming to an end. As The Wife points out, there's only 63 more days until I graduate. I'm still a little nervous about it, but I'm feeling much better than I was a month ago. Part of that, no doubt, is that I have a job right now. Even if it doesn't pay a lot, it pays something. Plus, ever since I yelled at the MBA office about not finding me jobs, they've been GREAT. And so have the people here at M&S. Here's who I have helping me find a job:

JB (professor) - his contacts are the former CEO of CNA Surety, an risk manager at JP Morgan Chase and a financial person at CNA Insurance.

Michele (MBA office) - D&T recruiter, who wants me in his valuation practice, apparently.

The Dean at my school - gave my resume to a hedge fund in Geneva, IL. Don't know that I want to be working in Geneva, but for the right amount of money, I'll work anywhere.

Mark (at M&S) - his friend is involved in a start-up that buys, sells and licenses Intellectual Property. He's going to need about 100 people as soon as all the Arab money clears the counter-terrorism hurdles. So there's an opportunity for me there.

John (at M&S) - he's offered to put me in touch with a lot of accounting firms in Chicago.

All in all, that's quite a lot of people all looking to help me out. I'm stressed about having to find a job in the next 2 months, but it's nice to know that I have so many people trying to help me.

Comments:
sixty three. I like saying it. Siiiixxxxxtttttttyyyyy threeeeeeeeee.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?