Thursday, March 09, 2006

 

Anonymity -- You Rock!

Every once in awhile I question why I'm writing this anonymously. There's only 2 people reading this right now and both of them live in my house. (Mocha's been taking reading lessons and is doing amazingly well. Still shitting in the house, but reading at a 4th grade level.) Well, today I had something happen that made me realize how great it is to be anonymous.

I've written several times about my last internship here at M&S. I worked with two Ricks, both of which were annoying. Well, one of them (Rick) is working at a large accounting firm (LAF) downtown doing valuation work. One of my hook-ups at school put me in touch with a recruiter at LAF. Today, I had a little conversation with Silvie. (Quick - is that a man or a woman? I've been thinking it's a man in my emails, but it turns out it's a woman. Good thing I didn't address my emails to Mr. Silvie.)

We started talking about my history and I had to make something up about how I want to valuation work for the rest of my life. (I can't think of anything I want to do for the rest of my life. Not even drink beer! I mean, at some point I'm going to want a Jack and Coke, right?) We start talking about my time here at M&S. Silvie mentions that Rick just started working at LAF. So I tell her that my return to M&S is because of Rick going to LAF. Well, Silvie mentions that Rick highly recommends that LAF hire me. So now it looks like I'm going to have an interview over there in a couple of weeks.

If Rick had googled my name just for the hell of it and found this blog, he would have no doubt found out just how big of an idiot I think he is. And honestly, I'm not thrilled with the idea of working with Rick again. But LAF is a large company with many divisions. Once I get in there, I can (hopefully) hop around to other areas and get the hell away from Rick. But it's nice to know that I can badmouth people all I want and not have to worry about finding employment. God bless the internet!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?