Thursday, March 23, 2006

 

And So It F-ing Begins

I have my first interview of the year tomorrow. Hopefully, it's not the last one either. It's for a Large Accounting Firm (LAF) downtown, for their valuation business. Basically, I'd be doing the same thing I do here at M&S, but for more interesting clients. And theoretically, for more pay.

One of the problems with this job? Rick (formerly of M&S) works there now. I don't mind Rick. Especially if he's not actually running the company. Plus, the valuation practice is about 45 people, so I wouldn't have to deal with Rick all day. That'd definitely be a plus. Besides, once I get into the company, I can start taking professional exams (CFA, maybe CPA, maybe actuarial) and get out of valuation work. So, really, this job would be a means to an end.

I don't have many more solid leads right now, but I'm supposed to be meeting with my portfolio professor next week to discuss things. It'd be nice if she could get me into a hedge fund. Then I'd basically just be doing math and playing with spreadsheets all day. I know that sounds like one of Dante's circles of hell to most people, but to me, it'd be like the garden of eden.

As The Wife points out, only 43 days until I graduate. That doesn't leave a whole lot of time to interview for jobs. So, hopefully the interview with LAF goes well and I don't have to worry about it anymore. Cuz I'm starting to get a little stressed about it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?