Wednesday, February 08, 2006

 

Grammys Shmammys!

The Grammy's were finally on last night. I've been anxiously awaiting them all year. I haven't been this interested in a TV event since Joanie and Chachi decided to start having their own comical adventures.

The Grammy's are one of the worst shows that has ever aired on TV. And this is coming from someone who routinely watches Yes Dear because there's nothing else on TV at 4:00. I'm sure I would find the Grammy's more interesting if I followed popular music. But I don't. In fact, I have a hard time figuring out why "popular" music is popular. I think there might be a chronic hearing problem developing in this country. That could be the only explanation for Ruben Studdard being a household name. Or maybe it's because he's a household all by himself.

I used to follow the Grammy's when I was a kid. That all changed in 1989 when I was watching the show while my priest molested me. Actually, I wish he had. Instead, Jethro Tull beat out Metallica and Guns 'N' Roses for best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Performance. Apparently, the voters looked at the category logically. "They all have drums. They all have guitars. But Jethro Tull has a flute. It's made out of metal. It's probably heavy. I think we have a winner for Heavy Metal! Now let's go drop some more acid!"

Anyway, I haven't really watched the Grammy's since then, and I think the music world passed me. Not that I'm complaining. I'm just waiting until they start an awards show for Angry White Guy Rock Bands!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?