Friday, February 17, 2006

 

Everything's Coming Up Millhouse!

Recently, I got a call from M&S, the place I used to intern. I wrote about that whole decision and whether or not I should go back and intern there again. Well, I decided to go for it. I know, you were all holding your breath in anticipation of my decision. I talked to the HR lady on Wednesday and found out that they'd be doubling my pay! Yay! Now my pay is almost respectable, yet still less than what I made 9 years ago when I graduated college. But it's more than I was making a week ago.

I also asked about the new management team and who's left from the old office. She started naming names, none of which I cared about. I noticed that she didn't say "Rick." So I asked if Rick and Prick were still there. She laughed and said no. I laughed and said I'd take the job. So apparently, the ineptness of the Ricks wasn't obvious to just me. Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one who thinks people are inept since I'm shrewd judge of character. (In other words, I'm a big jerk.) It's nice to know that occassionally, people agree with me. But as the old saying goes, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Just hours after I told M&S I'd be coming back to work for them, I got a call from CNA, which is a rather large insurance company downtown. They want to have a phone "interview" on Wednesday, my first day of work at M&S. I don't really know what position this "interview" is for, so it might just be more of a "get-to-know-you" than an actual interview. Whatever it is, at least they're calling.

And in 30 minutes, I have a lunch downtown with a guy from JP Morgan (a large bank, in case you live in a cave). Hopefully, he can help find me some sort of a job, or at least put my resume in front of the right people. So who knows, I might end up with a pretty solid job when I graduate after all. Better late than never, I suppose.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?