Wednesday, January 04, 2006

 

Band/Bar Names

One of my friends and I have a long-running joke where we try to come up with band names and/or bar names. For example, this weekend we were playing a game of Trivial Pursuit and someone said that she would be getting on the "bandwagon of degradation." Right away I said, "That would be a great band name." I probably shouldn't be using quotes there since I was quite intoxicated at the time. But if I couldn't use quotes every time I was intoxicated, I'd hardly ever be able to use quotes.

One of the features I'll add to my blog is a running list of band names and bar names. Generally, I'm better at coming up with band names than bar names. If you have any favorites, let me know and I'll add it to the list.

This was all inspired by a few of my friends who formed a band. They started as Busted Bottle. Then they became Joe Bigsley. I was not consulted on the name change, so I've been advising them on future name changes (without invitation or cessation, of course). They broke up and recently reformed under the name A.M. Prizefighter. Now I believe they're calling themselves King Friday. Check out their website and go see them if you're in Chicago. They're not terrible. (That's what they get for not changing their name to Futon-a-thon.)

And if you're opening a bar or forming a band and want to use one of the names from my list, please feel free. All I ask for in return is 100% of your profits or your first born child. Actually, I have enough problems with my own child. And I doubt that any band/bar owner who would use one of my names would ever make a profit. So I guess I get nothing out of the deal. Only seems fair since I'm not really contributing anything worthwhile.

Comments:
I am disappointed my penis (which is enormous) did not make it in a blog entry this week. Maybe you're still in shock.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?