Friday, December 02, 2005

 

Today, I LOVE Finals!

Yesterday, I mentioned how much I love being a TA. I stand by that. Today, I love finals. My finals are next week and so I'm studying for them this weekend. And all I can think while I'm studying is, "Thank god I only have one more semester to go!"

Actually, this semester hasn't been all that difficult. I'm taking 3.5 classes and it was a relatively easy load. (And I only have two finals!) I haven't had many assignments. And since I didn't really have anything due, I didn't really do anything. In retrospect, it seems as though that might not have been the wisest way to handle the semester.

On the other hand, with my free time I was able to finally finish Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. What a great game! Nothing makes you feel better about sitting in Chicago traffic than coming home and shooting people or having sex with prostitutes. It's not as much fun in video game form, but now that I'm a parent, I have to make sacrifices.

Well, since I blew off most of my reading and "optional" homework problems for the semester, I have to do it all this weekend. This isn't too herculean of a task. One of my finals (Accounting) is open-note, open-book. The other one (Finance) doesn't require a whole lot of reading. So, in theory, I shouldn't have to study a whole lot this weekend. But that doesn't change the fact that the time I do spend studying will be like a continuous root canal to me.

Right now I'm doing some Accounting reading and the more I read, the more I realize just how much I hate Accounting. (And by extension, I'm starting to hate accountants. I know a few accountants, and I can't wait to personally tell them how much I now loathe them.)

I actually find this incredibly amusing because I used to be an actuary. What's an actuary? It's basically an accountant who can see into the future! It's too bad I can't be an actuary when my son's older. I'd love to mess with his head by telling him that I can predict the future. ("I see you dying some time before you turn 120." Or, "If you had 100,000 friends your age, 250 of them wouldn't make it to their next birthday." Would the fun ever stop?)

The other amusing thing about me hating Accounting right now is that one of my concentrations is in Accounting. But I hate it so. I'm a semester away from graduating and only need one more Accounting class to get my concentration. I can't exactly say, "Screw Accounting, I want to concentrate in Modern Tap!" Actually, Modern Tap isn't even offered by my B-School. What's up with that? With all the problems corporate executives are getting into, they could use a few tap-dancing lessons. (I wish I knew how to add a rim-shot sound effect here.)

Well, I really need to get back to my Accounting right now. I keep telling myself that if I can just plow through Chapter 13 tonight, I can fire up the PS2, play San Andreas, and hunt me down a few accountants before bed. That should put me to bed with a smile on my face.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?