Tuesday, December 27, 2005

 

The Reviews Are In

After a couple weeks of writing this blog, the reviews are finally in. They run the gamut from "You have too much time on your hands" to "What makes you think people want to read your idiotic thoughts?" Overall, they were much more positive than I expected.

Blogs are a funny thing. I don't think people really understand the purpose of them, especially the people who write them. I don't know how egotistical you have to be to even think people want to read about your boring life. But think of me as a good measuring stick. (I think that's the first time I've ever been used to measure anything, except maybe how many car bombs it takes to make someone shoot Guinness out of his nose.)

What's odd about writing a blog is that I have so much data regarding how popular it is. Or, rather, how unpopular it is. Today's hit counters provide such rich detail. I've learned quite a bit about my reader(s). For example, there's one person who may or may not be married to me that seems to read the blog a lot. Yep, that's about all I've discovered.

But will any of this deter me? Not at all. As I mentioned earlier, I have an incredible ego. Plus, if I didn't vent on my blog about the people that annoy me, I'd probably snap like Michael Douglas in Falling Down. (I get a little bit closer to that every time I get stuck in traffic on the Kennedy going to school, by the way.) Besides, as an unemployed student, I do have way too much time on my hands. And it's either write a blog or clean up the house. Which would you do?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?