Tuesday, December 20, 2005

 

Brain Farts

I've been having quite a hard time writing the past few days. I don't know what it is. Perhaps it's that I haven't written in so long and my brain has turned to Swiss cheese. That would explain why the cats keep trying to lick inside my ears. That or, like all other cats, they're just retarded.

As you can tell from my last post, I'm having problems putting coherent thoughts together. That's the third column I tried to write about Howard Stern that basically turned into nothing. I figured I'd just post it anyway. Yeah, I have no pride in my workmanship. The Wife can attest to that thanks to my shoddy work fixing up the house.

Speaking of which, we finally got the crown molding up in our dining room. It looks pretty sweet. It was also quite a pain to do. It necessitated a compound miter saw (which is a cool toy). We bought that in a combo pack with a nail gun (which is even cooler). Of course, after we got them home and I took out the nail gun, I realized it worked via compressed air. Which meant I had to go buy an air compressor. So, $400 later, I've finally got a bunch of cool tools to do the job. And once I got them, it was a very simple project to complete. In fact, if any of you want crown molding done in your house, let me know. For a small fee (say, um, $400), I'll put it up in no time.

Anyway, as I'm discovering about home improvement, nothing is ever as easy as it seems. Fortunately, all home improvement projects have been put on hold for the next few days. We have to clean up the house for Christmas. We're hosting the family (9 adults, 3 children under the age of 4). It should be a blast, but it means we're actually going to have to clean the house. I'm not looking forward to that. I much prefer making a mess, which might explain my problems doing home improvement in the first place....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?