Wednesday, December 21, 2005

 

Bloggers Are Idiots

I read an article yesterday on Yahoo about a blogger who happened to get himself busted via his blog. Here's the article article from the Washington Post. Basically, this kid killed a friend by grabbing the steering wheel as a (drunk) passenger in a car. Okay, that's not a good thing to do. He had the smarts, though, to claim that he didn't remember what happened. That's completely feasible. In fact, I think it even happened on a very special episode of Blossom. (I hear Fish calling "bullshit" somewhere.)

Anyway, at some point, this genius decided to confess on his blog that he did grab the steering wheel. Oh boy. I don't understand what would make someone do that. The Wife told me that it's called a "conscience." I looked it up in the dictionary, but I don't understand it. You did something bad and got away with it. Good for you! Go have a beer. Don't go telling people about it!

It's quite possible that this guy thought that his blog was completely anonymous. I'm not an idiot (though many people would like to argue). But even I know the web's not anonymous. After all, in every CSI episode, they end up tracking someone down by their anonymous emails or blogs or message boards or something. (By the way, where's Fish when I need a "bullshit" called? I think I might get a tape of him saying that so I can play it while watching CSI. What a ridiculous show. "We have a blurry photo of a guy from 3 miles away. Let me just zoom in on him and smooth everything out. There it is! Abraham Lincoln is the killer!" And yet I keep watching it....)

Back on topic, I know that nothing on the internet is truly anonymous. The only reason I don't use my name on this blog is because I don't want to make it REALLY easy for employers to find out that I'm writing it. Believe me, the last thing I want popping up next to my name when I get Googled is this blog. Well, that and my picture. ("I'm sorry, we have a strict policy against hiring ugly people with wispy mustaches and muttonchop sideburns.")

In the spirit of this moron from Florida and his guilty conscience, I'd like to confess to some things in my past to see if I'll get in any trouble. First off, I kidnapped the Lindbergh baby. Phew! That's a load off my mind. I've been bottling that up for over 70 years now. I also killed JFK. Yeah, I was the second shooter on the grassy knoll. Oh, and I'm the one that greenlighted the Magic Johnson Show. Now I'm just going to sit back and wait for these stories to break nationally so I can end up in Yahoo news.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?