Thursday, December 29, 2005

 

The Benefits of Daycare

Currently, we have Luke in daycare two days a week. This generally corresponds to my school schedule. But since I'm not in school right now, it means I get some time alone in the house. Generally, this time is used to do home improvements, but not this week. This week, it's being spent resting and recovering from a cold.

One of the benefits of daycare is that Luke is exposed to all kinds of germs. This is really boosting his immune system. In fact, he's rarely been sick at all. The bad part of this? He gives us whatever colds he's now immune to. So for the past few days, I've been struggling to stay awake (more so than usual, anyway) and blowing my nose a lot. It's not enough to incapacitate me. It's just enough to make me want to watch bad soaps and eat pizza all day. Or perhaps I'm getting a little too comfortable being Mr. Mom, which is much easier when you don't have any of those rotten kids hanging around the house interrupting your soaps.

Comments:
I did a web search, and found that not everyone is so keen on the benefits of daycare.

Takes all types, I guess...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?